Churches
 

The town's first Anglican church was engulfed by the sea in the late 1700s after which a second red brick church was built on land given by Mr. Daniel Brown at the west end of the High Street. This church was consecrated in 1804 and it was enlarged, improved and a tower was added in the 1830s. In 1873 work commenced on replacing it with the church that stands today. The tower of today's church was built in 1895/96.

To purchase copies of any picture CLICK HERE
 

Click on any picture to see a larger image - use your back button to return to this page


Discover more Walton Tales

 

 

Ref 008 All Saints Church No Tower

Ref 011 All Saints Church

Ref 044 First Church

Ref 139-28 Second Church 1863

Ref 148 All Saints Church Before tower built - from Mill Lane

Ref 149 All Saints Church before tower built

Ref 150 All Saints Church Tower built but no clock installed

Ref 158 All Saints Church

Ref 162-7 All Saints Church Interior

Ref 206B All Saints Church

227 First Church from an engraving

Ref 227 First Church Drawing

Ref 299 All Saints Church & High Street

Ref 313 Congregational Church

Ref 378 All Saints Church before tower built

Ref 379 All Saints Church Interior

Ref 402 Church Road from Railway Station

Ref 425 First Church Drawing

Ref 429 Congregational Church

Ref 437 All Saints Church (note gas lamp)

Ref 454 All Saints Church & High Street

Ref 455 All Saints Church Tower under construction

Ref 476 All Saints Church in snow

Ref 530 All Saints Church

Ref 542 All Saints Church

Ref 568 All Saints Church showing old cemetery in foreground

Ref 586 First Church 1779

Ref 593 Church Road

Ref 622A View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622B View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622C View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622D View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622E View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622F View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622G View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 622H View from Church Tower April 1971

Ref 647 All Saints Church

Ref 712 All Saints Church

Ref 725 All Saints Church

Ref 782 The Second Church

Ref 878 All Saints Church

Ref 879 Congregational Church

Ref 890 Catholic Church, Martello Road

Ref 894 All Saints Church from Martello Road

Ref 903 All Saints Church & The New Road

Ref 907 All Saints Church Building the tower

Ref 1065 The Catholic Church, Martello Road

Ref 1106 Building the wall

Ref 1126 All Saints Church

Ref 1159 The Congregational Church

Ref 1204 Church Summer Fete on the Glebe land

Ref 1205 All Saints Church newly illuminated February 1962

Ref 1418 All Saints Church Interior c1960

Ref 1499 Church gardens April 1971 pre war memorial

Ref 1500 Church gardens April 1971 pre war memorial

Ref 1502 All Saints Church interior 1971

Ref 1503 All Saints Church interior 1971

Ref 1504 View from Church Tower - gardens April 1971 pre war memorial

Ref 1505 All Saints Church interior 1967

Ref 1505 All Saints Church interior 1967

Ref 1507 All Saints Church interior 1958

Ref 1508 All Saints Church interior 1958

Ref 1509 All Saints Church interior 1948

Ref 1510 All Saints Church interior 1948

Ref 1521 All Saints Church & Gardens

All Saints Church 1948

Ref 1659 New Tower just started to be built 1891

Ref 1758 All Saints Church 12-4-1954

Ref 1759 All Saints Church 12-4-1954

Ref 1795 All Saints Church from Kirby Road

Ref 1877 All Saints Church and Gardens

Ref 2090 All Saints Church 1962

Ref 2092 All Saints Church 1962

Ref 2099 Church Gardens c1960

Ref 2115 All Saints Church from the East

Ref 2178 All Saints Church 1956

Ref 2214 All Saints Church from Kirby Road 1984

Ref 2215 All Saints Church Tower 1984

Ref 2234 All Saints Church 1958

Ref 2351 West Street

Ref 2545 Snow 1985

Ref 2692 All Saints Interior 1964


Back to Old Walton Archive